Looking to amp up your nail game? Try this simple, yet cute and romantic look!
I’m guessing you already have a couple of nail colors that you love, so all you gotta do is pick up some nail tapes (here).
What you’ll need:
- First color – I have Pinking of You by OPI (here)
- Second color – I have the Mauve on Up by H&M (here)
- First base base coat by essie (not pictured!)
- “Good to go” top coat by essie
- Nail tapes – the pack I bought came with tons of colors, but I went with silver. It’s only $2 also!! What a steal. (here)
Paint your nails in the colors you want. I did alternating colors so each color would have a good amount of exposure, ya feel?
This part might be a little harder! Choose the nails you want to be two-toned, and paint the top half. You might have to enlist a trusty friend if your hands are too shaky. It took me a while to get this down! The tape later can cover a bit of the rough edges, so don’t worry if you can’t paint a straight line.
Grab the nail tape you want. This is what mine looks like:
What you’re going to do here is line the tape along the edge of the top color. You’ll see that the tape makes the two colors look straighter since it covers up the brush marks when I first painted on the pink 🙂
Ta-da!! You’ve now got nails for girls’ brunch or date night! Be sure to show them off on Instagram and Snapchat 😉
Looking for a specific nail art design? Comment below on what you’d like to see!